Sunday, November 11, 2007

They Are Biting Me

The mosquitos bit me yesterday, first in the morning before hiking Kings Canyon and second while out fossil-hunting. I found some shells imbedded in a rock in the dead-center of Australia. I left the rock at the hostel though, because customs would never let me bring a rock into New Zealand. Who knows where that rock's been (over the past few million years)!

My little battery-operated mosquito repellant which I'm convinced works purely when you believe that it does was off at the time. I still might convert to Deet (tm).

I'm in Darwin now (named after the evolutionist) and it feels like 30 degrees out! That's 90 degrees for you Farenheiters.

4 comments:

Breht said...

I understand that mosquitos go for body heat (infrared) and CO2. So if you cover yourself in wet mud and hold your breath you should do pretty good.

Daphne said...

Brett, today I bought mosquito repellant. It was in the garden aisle, not even in the skin care or medicine section. It was next to the intense outdoor pesticide sprays. :(

Anonymous said...

how does battery-operator mosquito repellent work? (i mean aside from the positive thinking??)

i've used peppermint oil pretty effectively, but then, mosquitos don't really like me to begin with...

-Benevolent Being

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of when I went to Paris and found a piece of an old bridge under it. It was about 12 inches tall and I carried it in my hands on the planes, through customs, and brought it home but somehow have lost it since. It was my "piece of Paris."
Cheryl