Thursday, November 1, 2007

Backlogged Videos

Now in Melbourne with my family, I'm happy to be on a PC again. As a result, it's possible to upload videos. My main desktop, when it was possible to use it, in NZ was a Mac. Keep in mind these aren't high quality docs but dinky, dorky snippets taken with my really cheap camera. But, because dorkiness in action is always good for a laugh, you might like to view one or two of these. In this video we're at the Orana Wildlife Park. Michele wanted to take a photo of me with the llama, but she ended up taking a video instead. Notice how Sean-Penn-esque I get at the end. (It is tough to be on the other side of the lens, really.)

The day after we went to Peel Forest. (Was this two weekends ago? Time is moving slowly.) We stopped our hike (in the Antipodes they call hiking "tramping") for a brief moment, and Richard started carrying on about Cat Stevens. He tried to get us to remember the song that goes "Matthew and Sons, Matthew and Sons...," but we were too dense to remember it. By the way, later that evening Richard played us the song, and I completely remembered it, especially remembered Andrew's son Duncan, who at age 4 would sing that bit that goes "all day, all day, all day...." Cat Stevens is wonderful, isn't he? It's a "wild world."

This past Monday, the 29th, I took the Tranz-Alpine train to Greymouth from Christchurch. It was the best train ride I've ever been on. One car is a viewing car, and you can lean out and practically over the railings while the train zips over bridges, trestles, rivers, ravines, under jagged mountains, and into tunnels. This video doesn't show off the beautiful scenery, but if you're a train buff, it gives you a sense of being on a moving train.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it only me that these videos aren't working for? Where are my videos?

*sigh*

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Oh and that cat stevens cd stayed in the player in my car for over a year after you were here. My kids can't get enough of that song. It's my fault for encouraging them to scream "ALL DAY" at the top of their lungs when we first heard it.

Andrewski Againski

Anonymous said...

Daphne, how wonderful to find you on such an exciting journey.

What beauty and incredible observation.

Alas, the video's don't come up.

Send me your email. Your Mom has mine.
pamela levin (deanna's mother)